Brian Elliot stands tall in relief for O

player posts only - others will be deleted
sherry2018love

Brian Elliot stands tall in relief for O

Postby sherry2018love » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:49 am

OTTAWA - For two periods Saturday night, Brian Elliott sat at the end of the Ottawa Senators bench.The third period was a whole different story.The Senators backup replaced injured starter Pascal Leclaire to start the third and made 16 saves to pick up the win as Ottawa topped the Buffalo Sabres Mike Quick Jersey 5-3."I don't know how fast my heart was going when I got in there," said Elliott. "The guys played really well in front of me. I felt I played pretty good and obviously they Reggie White Jersey spotted me that lead and that helped as well."Daniel Alfred son led the way with two goals and an a sist for Ottawa and Filip Kuba scored his first of the season as part of a four-point night as the Senators (11-6-3) extended their winning streak to three games.Chris Kelly and Milan Michalek, with the game-winner, also scored for the Senators in front of 17,206 at Scotiabank Place.Thomas Vanek, Patrick Kaleta and Jason Pominville scored for the Ron Brooks Jersey Sabres (12-6-2). Former Senators goalie Patrick Lalime faced 26 shots in just his third start of the season.A team whose offence was questioned early in the season, the Senators have scored 14 goals in their last three games."I think it's confidence and a little bit of luck," said Alfred son. "We're playing with more confidence and you can feel it in the locker-room. When you score five like tonight you've got to be happy."Elliott was called into action after Leclaire left the game with a lower-body injury. The Sabres' Jochen Hecht collided with the Senators netminder in the second and Leclaire seemed to favour his left leg. He finished with Wilbert Montgomery Jersey 24 saves.

Return to “Players Looking for a Team”