A name card of China in Greece on Maritime Silk Road

player posts only - others will be deleted
jinpanlin520

A name card of China in Greece on Maritime Silk Road

Postby jinpanlin520 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm

CANBERRA, Dec. 5 (Xinhua) -- South Australian grain farmers are getting ready for what could be their biggest harvest "in 50 years", with the "enormous" yield expected to help the state's bottom line by about 2.3 billion U.S. dollars.

Following crippling bushfires which ravaged South Australia's grain regions last year, farmers now expect a big harvest of wheat, lentil and other crops, which will also boost their spirits.

Wheat grower John Lush said he was expecting to harvest enough wheat for around 20 million loaves of bread, the biggest harvest he has witnessed in his 49 years on the farm.

"If we could (custom order a growing season), this is (exactly what we'd have ordered): yields were way above average, rainfall was above average, didn't have any hot weather when we didn't need it so most farmers are happy, which is very unusual," Lush told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) on Monday.

"Lentil crops have been almost double their average yield; wheat crops are 50 percent up above normal averages so we're looking at some really outstanding yields."

Lentil farmer Richard Konzag told the ABC the bumper season was good not only for farmers' pockets but also their mental health as well. Suicide is still one of the leading causes of death among Australian farmers.

"This good season's going to do a lot of good for the community here particularly after what we experienced 12 months ago with the Pinery fire," Konzag said.

It is tremendous not only for people's bank accounts but also for their mental well-being too.

"A season like this certainly does lift your spirits and gives you the encouragement to respond and bounce back."

Despite wheat prices being at decade lows, farmers said the bumper yields would still bring in a massive windfall for both the local communities and the state's economy.

MOGADISHU Jordan 5 Premium Bordeaux , Jan. 31 (Xinhua) -- Somali Parliament on Saturday gave Prime Minister Omar Abdirashid Sharmarke another ten days to complete the nomination of his cabinet after the elapse of the 14 days he had earlier requested.

The lawmakers, who had engaged in an acrimonious debate Jordan 5 Premium Wine , finally agreed to give the PM an extension to name the deputy ministers.

Parliament was expected to cast a vote on the new council of ministers on Saturday, but it emerged that the PM had only named ministers without their deputies.

Earlier this week Men's Air Jordan 5 Retro Premium Bordeaux Wine For Sale , Sharmarke named a 20-member council of ministers excluding the president's allies whom parliament had vowed to reject if the PM included them in the list.

Sharmarke in his memorandum to parliament has also noted that he intends to add another five ministers to the new cabinet, making it a total of 25 ministers.

The Inter-Governmental Authority of Development (IGAD) www.airjordan5premiumwine.com , a regional bloc of eastern African nations, had on Friday called on the Somali leadership to fast track the formation of an inclusive government so as to address the critical security and state building tasks.

Out of 230 members present Cheap Air Jordan 5 Premium Bordeaux , 139 voted in support of the extension while 47 opposed, with another 44 abstaining the vote.

MELBOURNE, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) -- China's Peng Shuai and her Czech partner Andrea Hlavackova upended the top-seeded French pair Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 here on Wednesday, powering into Australian Open women's doubles final.

"I think it's really amazing for me, to come back after the injury, because it's really

a fight for me last year, I really thank my partner and my team," said Peng on the court after the match.

Peng, the 2013 Wimbledon doubles winner, who went through a back surgery in the year of 2015, said many times that she really wanted to "enjoy tennis" now.

Hlavackova was as excited as Peng.

"I think it's quite amazing, we are in the final of Grand Slam. It's gonna be a great

match, I can't wait to face our next opponent. It's gonna be fun, everyone should come and watch us," Hlavackova said.

"I think it does mean a lot to me as a team (with Peng). She plays for me, I play for her, we just play together," she added.

The 12th-seeded pair kicked off the season with a title in Shenzhen Open. They will face Bethanie Mattek-Sands of the United States and Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic in the final after the latter knocked out a Japanese pair in the other semifinal.

LHASA, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) -- Two people were rescued and five are missing after ice broke at Namtso Lake in southwest China's Tibet, authorities said Thursday.

A total of seven herdsmen were trapped when ice broke while they were heading for an island in the Namtso Lake to graze on Sunday. Five were trapped on floating ice and two on the island.

Helicopters were searching for the missing.

Police, military troops, and local officials were involved in the rescue work.

Namtso Lake, known as the "heavenly lake" among the Tibetan locals, is the highest altitude saltwater lake in the world at an elevation of 4,718 m.

WASHINGTON, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- Hundreds of undocumented immigrants from a dozen Latin American countries have been arrested in at least six U.S. states this week, following President Donald Trump's executive order to broaden the scope of immigration enforcement targets.

They were netted in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago, New York, North Carolina and South Carolina, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials confirmed Saturday.

Among them 161 arrests were made in Los Angeles and some 200 in Atlanta, said local media reports. The authorities didn't reveal the total number of the arrests.

Gillian Christensen, a spokeswoman for the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees ICE, said the crackdown was part of "routine" immigration en.

Return to “Players Looking for a Team”